New Veteran & Military Student Checklist

study20students jpg

 Mission: To provide a guide that helps Veterans transition into Central Community College successfully.

 Printable version:New Veteran/Military Student Checklist

Check Box camo  Apply for Admission to CCC.  You can apply on-line or download an application. Start here to learn about basic admissions requirements for all students including transfer students and Veterans. You will also find important dates for application, financial aid and other steps in the admissions process. You can schedule a Campus visit  or set up an appointment with the Admissions Office. Use the Admissions Staff link on the menu on the left side of this page for information about contacting our admissions staff at our Columbus, Grand Island and Hastings campuses.  Then you will be able to meet with an advisor or a career counselor to discuss your academic interest and select a program. You must choose a degree plan or certificate to apply for VA benefits. 

 The Admission process at CCC is simple because we work hard to make it easy for you.

Check Box camo  Visit the Veterans Resource Center or speak to one our Certifying Officials and let us help you understand your education benefits. There are SEVERAL VARIETIES of the GI Bill and your usage of one may take away eligibility for other programs. 

Check Box camo  Apply for your federal GI Bill VA ED Benefits VA Form 22-1990. Use ourCentral Community College Veterans Education Benefit Guide to assist you.

  • You can also apply by mail, Send application to the following address:

Central Region, VA Regional Office
PO BOX 68830
St. Louis, MO 631660-6830

Check Box camo  Submit your Application for Educational Benefits (VA Form 22-1990) with a certified copy of your DD-214 to your Veteran Certifying Official in the Registration & Records Office

Check Box camo  Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Online or at our Financial Aid Office . For more information on financial aid and scholarships, go to CCC Financial Aid and Scholarships

Any student can apply for a Pell Grant. Students registered for at least 6 semester hours (half time) are also eligible to apply for student loans, work study and scholarships.

To be considered for full benefits, you must be enrolled for at least 12 credit-hours during the semester. You must also be pursuing a degree or diploma in order to receive federal financial aid.

Check Box camo  Register for Medical Benefits at your local VA Medical Center register online.

If you served in a theater of combat operations after November 11, 1998, and were discharged on or after January 28, 2003, you have special eligibility to enroll in the VA health care system for 5 years from your date of discharge or release. Visit VA Nebraska-Western Iowa Health Care System for more information

Check Box camo Inquire about disability services if you are service-connected or had tailored curriculum in high school for more information on who to contact, visit Disability Services

Check Box camo  Submit your Military Transcript. Your military experience may be worth college credit. You can find links to official military transcripts for all services at Military Transcripts and Tuition Assistance, have it mvrcailed to:

Central Community College
P.O. Box 4903
Grand Island, NE 68802-4903



Check Box camo  Find a Job! Find information on employment opportunities at our Career & Employment Service Office. Also visit our links for Veteran Employment.

Check Box camo Find Housing! Information on finding housing both on and off campus


 CCC is the center of excellance for Veteran Student Success.  A US Departmet of Education
 Program funded through the Fund for Improvement of Post Secondary Education (FISPE).  However,
these contents do not represent an offered endorsement by the Federal Government.

Written by Administrator   
Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 September 2013 19:25