Central Community College students from the SkillsUSA
chapters at the Columbus and Hastings campuses won in state competition March 31
in Grand Island.
SkillsUSA is a national organization that provides
secondary and post-secondary students in trade, industrial, technical,
technology and health occupations with leadership, citizenship and character
development programs and activities.
More than 1,000 secondary and postsecondary students
competed in about 75 events at the State Leadership Conference, which was
sponsored by Nebraska SkillsUSA. First-place winners qualified for the national
competition June 19-23 in Louisville, Ky.
CCC-Columbus Individual Winners
- COLUMBUS: Michael Boeding, second place in industrial motor
- STROMSBURG: Logan Plock, second place in CNC turning.
- YORK: Catie Hornbacher, first place in criminal justice.
- DONIPHAN: Alex Wagner, first place in CNC technician.
- GRAND ISLAND: Garrett Byerly, second place in cabinetmaking;
Michael Curran, first place in CNC turning; and Johnathan Leitschuck, first
place in CNC mill.
- HOLDREGE: Darci Samuelson, first place in early childhood
CCC-Hastings Team Award
Manufacturing, Second Place
- GRAND ISLAND: Alex Kemnitz;
- HASTINGS: Adolfo Vargas.
Manufacturing, First Place
- GRAND ISLAND: DJ Criswell and Rodrigo Ramirez;
- HASTINGS: Denna Stewart.
- GRAND ISLAND: Kip Jones and Ethan Wilkerson;
- HASTINGS: Gage Smedra;
- SHELTON: Dalton Hawkins.
Fabrication, First Place
- AURORA: David Koch;
- BLUE HILL: Mackenzie Schlesinger;
- HASTINGS: Dakota Peterson.